Six Ways on How to Read a Honda Motorcycle Engine Number


One - Open your owner's manual to the general information section. Here, you'll find detailed information describing the location of the engine serial number.

Two - Look for the serial number on the lower portion of the engine, which is called the crankcase. Newer Honda models (1990 and above) often have it stamped on the rear of the crankcase, usually close to the swing arm pivot point. Older models (earlier than1990) may have it stamped on the lower left or lower right section of the crankcase.


Three - Write the engine serial number down for further reference. The number should be in the following pattern, where X represents a letter, and # represents a number: XX##E - #######. E is a common designation for all engine serial numbers.


Four - Look at the first four digits before the E. These digits represent the motorcycle model number. The last character represents the year of the particular model. Refer to the Honda Motorcycle Model and Engine Code website for a list of these codes (see Resources).



Five - Read the seven digits after the dash. These digits convey information regarding the engine casing. This information is important when ordering engine parts for your specific engine. As motorcycle manufacturers often alter engines within a specific model of motorcycle, this serial number is important.


Six - Tell the Honda service center the engine serial number when ordering parts. This ensures the correct replacement part.

13 comments:

  1. I would like to say this is very nice blog having great information & beneficial for us. For more information you can visit Used parts Motorcycle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE AN OLDER HONDA 200(I THINK) ATV ENGINE (MOTOR NO.TE17E-8109472) I BOUGHT IT USED AND I NEED TO KNOW FOR SURE WHAT YEAR IT IS AND MAKE AND A VIN NUMBER WOULD BE GREAT TOO, OR ANY HELP I CAN GET TO BE ABLE TO BUY THE RIGHT PARTS FOR THIS ENGINE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pcz1 can you tell me what size it is please....thank you.....Honda motor cycle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have model he04e-6223185 .what is my engine. I need parts son has to race. And would very much like to know what we have. Thank you so much if u can help

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my engine no. PC25E 2100684. Can anyone tell me what it is

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cb750E-2387442 help id this eagine please

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Honda cub 90 engine. Trying to find if it's 6 or 12 volt
    Engine number is C90E-233579

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honda Engine # CB750E-2409492 can anyone tell me a place that will identify or where I can search?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honda Engine # CB750E-2409492 can anyone tell me a place that will identify or where I can search?
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honda dirtbike engine, HEOSE-1204964 can someone please identify this engine for me

    ReplyDelete
  11. 156fmi-2*8a200072 this is a skyjet 125 engine number,trying to find the model of what the engine+wiring loom came out of can anyone help please

    ReplyDelete
  12. need to find cc and year pc05e2004918

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can anyone help identify this engine number please .
    I am trying to find model and cc
    PC09E-2013227 Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts